Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A little about me

This is my first try at a blog, so please be gentle. I've been reading them for a while, so I thought I'd finally give it a shot.

I'm a happily married father of two who lives in South Carolina. I'm a lawyer. (Don't hate me.)

I'm a left wing liberal democrat with a somewhat inexplicable (at least to me) attraction to Catholicism. In the beginning at least, I want to use this blog to talk about that attraction. What I see that attracts a liberal like me to this conservative religious institution and what gives me some pause.

As a long time reader of blogs about religion, I'm a little wary about some of the vitriol that I sometimes see. I'd like to avoid that here. I'm fine with folks disagreeing with me. I'm also fine with people correcting the inevitable errors I will make. Just please be nice about it. Thanks.

1 comment:

Tom B. said...

I'm glad to have found your blog, and look forward to reading it as you stretch out your thoughts here. I lived in S.C. for a few years when I was in high school in the 90's, have three children, am a law student (long story), and am also attracted to Catholicism, so am interested by our similarities.

Only thing is I never was liberal, but learning about Catholicism has given me a much more politically centrist view.

Any, blog on!

Peace in Christ,
Thos.